Understanding Invisible Disabilities
This module will give you a broad understand of invisible disabilities and how you and your business can be proactive in retaining, attracting and supporting people with a range of different conditions under this umbrella term.
What will I learn?
On completion of this course you will have an overview of:
- What is meant by the term invisible disability
- The signs and symptoms of some common conditions
- Issues around invisible disabilities in the sector
- Why businesses in the sector should consider employing more people with an invisible disability
- Responsibilities towards applicants and employees with an invisible disability
- The social model of disability and how that affects what we should do
- How to adapt recruitment strategy and processes
- Implementing workplace adjustments
- How we can promote disability confidence and encourage disclosure
- Helpful resources, services and organisations